Like traditional dentures, partial dentures provide an opportune solution to replacing missing teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, partials are used in accordance with remaining teeth to fill in the gaps. Removable partial dentures at your Crystal Lake dentist consist of replacement teeth attached to a pink gum base, which is held in place by metal frames. The partials are attached using either metal clasps, or nearly-invisible precision attachments which offer a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Creating Your Partial Dentures
- The process is quite similar to creating traditional dentures – first a series of impressions are taken so that your partials have a customized fit.
- Using the impressions, a plastic model of the partial denture is created. This model is used to evaluate changes in color, shape and fit that may need to be corrected before creating the final partial.
- Based on the evaluations, your final partial is crafted and fitted appropriately. Adjustments may be necessary over time.
What do Partial Dentures Provide?
- The preservation of the natural placement of your existing teeth
- A comfortable, customized fit offering a natural appearance
- An innovative design that equally distributes chewing forces so that your remaining teeth aren't strained
- Improved speaking and eating capabilities
If you feel self-conscious about your missing teeth and think you could benefit from receiving partial dentures, call your Crystal Lake dentist at 815-459-2202 today to discuss your options or make an appointment.