The KaVo DIAGNOdent Laser Cavity Finder
The KaVo DIAGNOdent laser is a revolutionary way to detect cavities using sound. Using a low-density laser, hidden decay is found much like how a metal detector locates metal objects in the ground. When the laser pinpoints a cavity, it produces a sound. Thanks to this new technology, your Crystal Lake dentist can discover unseen decay long before other conventional methods and provide treatment early before larger oral problems develop. The procedure is quick, pain-free and has no additional fees for its use.
The DIAGNOdent Laser Scanning Process
- First, the laser is calibrated to your teeth by scanning one of your cleaned surface areas
- Once the laser is calibrated, all of your teeth will be comfortably scanned within a few minutes
- The laser desktop unit will emit an audio signal when cavities are discovered and provide a digital read out of the cavity location
- The degree of tooth decay depends on the amount of fluorescence recorded
Advantages of the DIAGNOdent Laser
- Proven to be 100% accurate in finding subsurface cavities that traditional methods may miss
- The procedure only takes a few minutes and is painless
- Because decay is found early, small issues can be corrected before becoming problematic
- Fixing small problems early means less dental work needed for you, which saves you money
- The laser is completely harmless to your mouth tissue and doesn’t require protective eyewear
For more information on the KaVo DIAGNOdent laser or to make an appointment, contact your Crystal Lake dentist today!